Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PPRS "black" cat


I made this card with a
Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp.
An easy technique actually.
I stamped the cat on a piece of patterned paper
with Versamark ink then embossed it with clear
embossing powder. Then I took a sponge
dauber rubbed with black ink and rubbed in
circular motions around and over the stamped
image. After that I rubbed the image itself over
with a paper towel which cleaned it up and buffed it
out a bit making it pop off the paper. Now you
can see the patterned paper design in the background.
So easy!! Then I cut it out with nestabilities die and
finished layering my card. I tied the black ribbon
in a knot and thought, "that looks like a bat" so
there you go.....3 black bats to accent the card.
The "Goulish Greetings" sentiment is PPRS too.
This won't be the last time you see me use this
technique!

Stamps: Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Ribbon: Miscellaneous black ribbon
Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Die: Nestabilities

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very cute! Love your technique of letting the pattern in the paper show through the image.

Paper Bagley said...

Ribbonflies and not ribbon bats...do it again...bird,owl? Challenge it again! Tootsie