Do you like flowers on your cards but
wish there was an inexpensive way to make your own?
Well.....there is, and I'm gonna show you how
to make a "coffee filter flower"
**the ink I used is Posh Rainbow Ink**
but you can use any water based ink
you will also need a piece of wax paper and a scissors
you can use any type of coffee filter and either white
or the tan color ones. This type is a little sturdier and seems
to work the best.
1) Punch out desired number of scallop circles
2) Lay them out on a piece of wax paper and
spray them with the solution of water and desired amount of water color ink
you can spray as little or as much as you like to get desired effect.
3) crumble them up while they are still wet
4) Allow them to dry completely then open them up
5) Layer desired amount - I layered 3 for this project
6) Pierce the center and place brad
7) Cut slits from the outside edge in toward the center with the scissors
I cut the top 2 layers and left the bottom.
8) Work the flower to shape to your liking. I kind of messed it up
and preferred the crumpled look.
9) Attach to your project!!
If you have any questions leave me a comment and leave your
e-mail (all comments are moderated) and I will e-mail you
BUT I won't post your e-mail address.
Happy flower making!!
Hope you liked the tutorial.
The high heel image is from Bugaboo
Bugaboo has a 50% off sale going on right now
and weekly challenges.