Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

TUTORIAL WITH BUGABOO


I must admit that I didn't come up with this adorable idea
all by myself.  I first found it at Inking Idaho an awesome blog that
I follow.  It's actually a tea light battery operated "votive candle" and the
"flame" is used as the nose.

I used these images for the hats:

I reduced the size to 80% on my MAC and then cut the hats out.
I ran the hat in the above image through my sizzix in an embossing folder
after I cut it out for some texture.  I then used hot glue to glue them to the votive.
(after coloring them of course).
For the eyes and mouth I used probably one of my MUST HAVE
embellishments.  I use these little gems ALL THE TIME!!
so fast and easy and so much more user friendly than brads.
they lay almost flat so there's very little bulk to them which is so nice
for mailing.  HERE is a link to a site where you can purchase them but
Michaels also has them in the paper craft department.
Finally I just used Bakers twine for the scarf.
The snowflake used on the one on the right was an embellishment
I found in my stash.
I plan to put magnets on the back of them and put them on my
co-workers lockers at work for Christmas:)
They would also be cute as ornaments too!

No comments: